It has really been a while since I last blogged about practically anything. For the past few months, I have pondered over my life, my future and now that I have completed my Bachelor's, I've begun to ponder even more. My mind has basically sunk into something deeper and every step down has given me questions by the ten fold. I've lost inspiration along the way, I procrastinated and eventually, I realized that I was losing my ability to write. And not just write, as in grammatically correct paragraphs, I was slowly losing the essence of writing... my passion that defined my love for writing. From there, I was slowly slipping away. It's not that I was sinking into depression; It was just that I was turning meager thoughts into petty dilemmas and big problems. I was basically tossing and turning in my head! Brawling in my mind! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE?
I knew that finding a job was going to be hard. But I never thought that searching for a career was going to be harder. I deliberately debated with my head with two thought-provoking questions: if you were to choose, would you pick a job that financially secured you or a career that makes you happy? Up until now, my head beats to the rhythm of so many rhetorical questions and possible answers. What is the answer, I ask? And then, I came upon a video of a 17-year-old girl from New Zealand named Brittany Trilford. She won contest that enabled her to win a date with History. This, I believe, is by far the best date anyone could win. She was given the oppurtunity to speak at the Rio UN Earth Summit, in front of the world leaders and address to them the problems that everyone already knows but problems that hardly anyone cares to complete. Her speech was simple enough to move an ordinary man. Simple but so powerful. She used this oppurtunity to remind our world leaders of their duties, she reminded them of their empty promises made 20 years ago. To me, Brittany became one of the best answers to my questions. I don't know how I should explain it but her presence and her speech made me realize something. I hope her speech would enlighten you.
Maybe this post might mean nothing to you. Or It also might miraculously inspire you. Whatever this post does, I hope it would be positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment